Saturday, September 6, 2014

Red Pens and Sweet Dreams

prideinmadness.wordpress.com

News since we last "spoke":

- My anatomy professor from last year asked me to be his teacher's assistant!  That he would ask me is highly encouraging.  I believe he was one of the scientists who developed the worm vaccination given at veterinary clinics.  He is one of the smartest people I've ever met!  Anyway, I graded my first stack of quizzes and it was fun, although a little harder than I expected.  You have to be consistent with your grading on every problem of course, which is harder than it sounds (hopefully I'll do a lot better job next time)

- Two nights ago, I intentionally didn't do homework.  My conscience has slain me ever since.  I did not finish a video and did not read a textbook chapter because it was 11 p.m. and I decided that sleep was more important.  This is part of my new attitude that taking care of yourself must come first.  That night I still got only seven hours of sleep (which is the bare minimum I need to function and be a kind person and important stuff like that).  Still, I feel really badly about not doing all assigned homework.  In life, there are so many things you should do, and there is simply not enough time to do all of them.  If you have thoughts on this topic or disagree, I'd love to hear it in the comments!

cutestpaw.com


Billie, have you moved into Iowa yet?  I really want to hear about your adventurous summer!

Love, 
     E

P.S. Remind me to include room pix next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment