Saturday, June 27, 2015

*default to sweeping*

It's been 2 full months since I started working at the car dealership. Let me tell you, this is the nicest summer job I could have asked for! The people are incredibly nice, I work inside a lot, and I have quite the variety of things to do.
Here's what a typical day's tasks might look like:
-fill the cooler with drinks. [Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, water, and 4 types of Capri Sun]
-clean the coffee maker
-check cars on the lot and fill them with gas if they're low
-drive cars to dealerships/people and bring different cars back
-go get lunch for salespeople
-go buy 200 hot dog buns and 200 mini bags of chips from Sams Club (no joke)
(I am the girl your math problems warned you about!)
via
When they don't have anything for me to do, I wander around until I find something to clean, which isn't too hard, since I like cleaning. Generally I default to sweeping, because there is quite the expanse of marble tile floor in that place, and that + a lot of open doors means they always look dirty. A perk is that whenever I'm working and not around "the public" I can listen to my music! It's a pretty good gig; listen to music and be alone with your thoughts while sweeping a gigantic showroom.
Other perks:
-occasional Hickory Park for lunch
-driving new cars

I'm actually going to miss it when I go back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment