So! Here are some great things about the past month!
1. Yesterday and today's weather has been downright gorgeous! If I wasn't still feeling blah, I'd probably find some excuse to be outside. The breeze is wonderful and the temperatures are perfect. (For now. It's the midwest. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.)
2. On Sunday I got to Nathaniel's graduate recital for French Horn and voice! It was stellar for sure! I loved it and he did an outstanding job!
|(This is Nathaniel, by the way. He's one outstanding guy!)|
4. I've had some especially fun times while interviewing everyone in Kappa Kappa Psi! Two highlights include making Pinterest-y melted crayon art with Ashley and helping Brittnay with the choreography for "The Mexican Hat Dance" for her Elementary Methods class.
|The aforementioned art project. Much fun was had!|
6. I've gotten to have some really good conversations with some friends whose thoughts I really value. They have meant a lot to me!
7. Thursday nights at the Baptist Student Union and Applebee's! I believe I have finally found my niche at the BSU! I enjoy everything about it! Thursday nights are for RealLife, their worship service, and after the service, most people head to Applebee's for half-price appetizers and 45-cent wings! It's been so great to continue meeting people I know from church and having a great time worshiping together and relaxing together, too! It was also nice that I had an Applebee's gift card from Christmas that came in ever so handy!
8. The Navigators women's retreat! A fun time was had by all! There was so much good food, great worship time, and great lessons! I got to spend some especially fun time with Sarah, whilst pranking another cabin, and Sarah, Kenealy, and I baked some darn good Devil's Food Cake cookies! (See below!)
We even had some unexpected "fun." To avoid potential bad weather, we came back a half-day early and had the rest of the worship time and speaker at the Edge girls' house. (Basically, they all live there and they're on staff for the Navs.) It looked a little something like this:
9.My dad got an unexpected appointment for a doctor he thought he'd have to wait until August to see! Yay!
|This is called "40 girls in a living room"|
Courtesy of Rachel Denne
10. Miranda's mom made a short, surprise visit on Saturday, which resulted in a very interesting shopping trip to HyVee with her, Miranda, Shellie (our friend), Matt (Miranda's boyfriend), and me. Much fun was had, we each got our own box of pop tarts (Thanks, Jo Veta! :) ) and I wound up saying "use your inside voices" and "take a no-thank-you bite" during our time in the store. I'm definitely "that" friend. But they love me anyway! :)