Monday, December 30, 2013

The best is yet to come?

This is currently my desktop background.
Via

I don't know how accurate it is, but I would like to think that it's true, the best is yet to come.
To be honest, everything kind of has nowhere to go but up.
I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, but I am being real, and reality has been harsh this past year.
So, what does 2014 have in store? Let's look at the year ahead. It oughta be a good one.
Classes at Northwest next semester:
Professional Media Writing- Pretty pumped for this class. I got a professor I had this semester, and he's pretty great!
Intro to Design- An art class. I'll be honest and say that I am a little bit trepidatious about being graded on my art, :) but it is a requirement for my major and I'm excited to see what I'll get to create! 
Media Design- I'm excited about this class. It's all about layouts and using the computer to create things for different types of media!
Intro to Advertising-Pumped for this class too! I'm really interested in advertising and it's taught by my advisor, and she's super neat!
University Chorale- What can I say, I'll be back in choir and I can't wait!
Symphonic Band- What can I say, band is great!
Yearbook practicum- I can't wait to see what this class has in store! Basically, I'll be helping to create and publish the yearbook!
*Summary of my feelings on my classes next semester: PUMPED! :)*

Things happening next year:
Studying abroad (maybe)- Look out world!
Retreats with Navigators/J-Team- I can't wait for these! So many neat opportunities!
J-Team in general-J-Team (Joshua Team) is this really cool thing that you can do through Navigators. According to the Navigators, "Joshua Team is a 6-week program designed to develop your spiritual leadership, discipline and vision." It's based around Numbers 32:12.
Being a Sophomore in college next fall!- Ok, this isn't an opportunity, it's an absolute, and it's absolutely exciting thought!
Finding a summer job- Someone, please hire me! I'm friendly, punctual, and I work hard! Also, I'm cute, if that makes a difference.... :)

Overall, 2014 is on a good track right now! I don't really do the whole resolution thing, but I do like to look for something that I can change for the better in the new year. I certainly have a thing or two, but it's mostly about learning from the year before (both good and bad) and moving on from there. Here's some of my inspiration for the new year:
Via
Via
Via




No comments:

Post a Comment