Hello! Tomorrow, I will be halfway done being a freshman! And I feel the need to give some advice to my second semester self.
Here's what I've learned my first semester at college.
- Don't overbook yourself. No committing to another regular activity or taking extra shifts at work. As cool as RUSH was, next year I will not be taking part :) Time management = good grades + relaxing weekends.
Never let anyone pressure you into doing anything. As kind and well-meaning as they are, they have never been a pre-nursing major. This sounds snooty, but it's true.
- This semester, read everything your prof gives you. This includes syllabi and anything he/she has typed up. This will save trouble later.
- Stress and worry are really stupid. If you feel that way, just do the next thing. Ya know that phrase? How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Just do one little to do item and keep on trucking. College is all about being mentally strong, it seems. The persevering win in the end.
- If you stay up late pinning on a week night, you may doze off in chapel the next day. And the chaplain may happen to see you with your eyes closed. Just speaking from personal experience here...
- As much as you want to do the honors program, as good as it looks on a grad school application, you really don't have time. You know what else looks good on that application? Actually getting your BSN! And actually getting good grades! Ha ha