Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thankful

Wow, my room number is 210.  According to the algorithim, that means only 6 posts of thankfulness.  Piece o' cake!


1.  I'm thankful for my job.  It's teaching me to work in high-stress situations (which will be uber useful for doing this whole midwife thing).  And all of the workers are really nice.  And it smells like cookies back in the kitchen :)

2. I'm so thankful that I get to be with my family in four days.  I am counting those days.  We're going to Minnesota to see my great uncle and other cool family members.  I hope there is pie!

3. I'm thankful for the one A I have right now.  If that A goes away, so be it.  But for now, it's just nice to have one.

4. I'm so thankful for our dorm.  It's just so cozy.  You can hear guitar music and laughter and people brought me tea when I had a cold, and there's one lounge-ish room people made and decorated with Christmas lights and filled with C.S. Lewis books.  "Hospers is home" is our motto, and it's true.

5. I'm thankful for people who are fun to sit with in class, eat breakfast with, and who just generally bolster my mood at all times of the day or night.  They make me belly laugh or boost my self confidence.  They are treasures.

6.  I'm so thankful for Christmas this year.  Through my other teenage years, Christmas was "well, yeah, Christmas is nice and all".  Now I'm like "BRING ME CHRISTMAS BREAK!!! It sounds like heaven!!!"  Every decoration, every song on the radio, reminds me that I am almost there.  Someone pour egg nog into this college student and let her put her feet up for three weeks.  Thank you.


God's really nice to me.  And though life here is hard (sort of), I'm really super duper blessed.

Peace, love, and pharynxes (we're studying digestion right now),

Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment