Monday, March 21, 2016

See You Later, Not Goodbye

Sometimes in life, things do not happen as you think that they are going to. Sometimes in a really awesome way, and sometimes in a not so fun way. Currently, I am stuck in between the two.
This semester has been a roller coaster of emotions for me.
I started my nursing classes this semester, and I am loving them! I am taking two nursing classes, and one clinical. I love that part of my class is going out into the community to hospitals and senior centers. It beats classrooms any day for me!! That has been the "up" on "Kelli's Roller Coaster of Emotions". Along with my nursing classes, Community Based Nursing and Health Assessment, I am taking two more classes. Those are Microbiology and Anatomy and Physiology II, both with labs.
You know what? Sometimes things do not always go as planned.
When I graduated High School last year, I knew exactly what I was going to be doing for the next four years. I was moving to Omaha, Nebraska to go to Nebraska Methodist College to get my Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I was going to live by myself in an apartment in the middle of the city. I was going to be working as a nurse in a hospital by summer 2019. I was going to do it all by myself.
I hope you noticed I used past-tense. That is because those plans are no longer current in any way. Like I said earlier, sometimes things do not always go as planned.
Do not worry, I did not fail out of Methodist. I am actually doing quite well there! However, my eyes were bigger than my wallet. After this past semester, I started doing math. I calculated the amount of money that I would be in debt for when I graduated. I did not like that number. I did not like it at all. I knew that I could not continue at Methodist
This is my new current plan:
At the end of the semester I will move home like every other college student. Except when fall rolls around, I will stay home.
I will be going to DMACC to take as many classes as possible to knock out my gen. eds.
When I finish all my classes at DMACC, I will transfer to a nursing school that I will get accepted to.
I will earn my Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, just not in 2019.
The past several weeks have been so emotional and stressful trying to figure out where I would go after this summer. After much contempating, I have decided that by going to school close to home while living at home and working will be the best combination for me.
It will be sooooo extremely hard to leave all my amazing friends that I have made while here in Omaha, along with the amazing church that I have become involved with.
But as the title says, "See you later, Not Goodbye". Omaha will always be a short trip away from seeing everyone again!









1 comment:

  1. Well-written post, Kell! Sorry you've had to go through all this... I'm impressed that you made a well-thought out and realistic decision, even though it was a hard one to make. Selfishly, I will be happy to have you closer to my HQ :)

    ReplyDelete